Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business, in as little as 48 hours. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO of Johnston County has the specialized training, industry standard protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Mold is serious and learning that you may have a mold problem can cause any typical property owner or manager anxiety and fear. This is one reason it is imperative to have remediation professionals preform all necessary work .
Below are some tips listed on things to think about if you find yourself in a mold situation
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (919) 359-2599
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Johnston County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Johnston County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Four Oaks